This is a template web app with a built-in user management and authentication/authorization system based on the Identity Server, both in the front- and in the back- ends. We use it as a starting point for future projects. You may download the code on github.
Functionality at a glance:
- Multiple languages in the front-end.
- Role-based authentication/authorization in the front-end and back-end, supporting three types of users.
- User management (creation, deletion, role switching, and editing).
- User paging, searching, and sorting functionality.
- Unified solution for back-end and front-end development in Visual Studio. Optionally, the applications may be separately developed in a different IDE (e.g. VS Code).
- Back-end with ASP.NET Core Web API, EF Core, Identity Server, and SQL Server.
- Multi-layer back-end architecture with services injected in the controller constructor.
- Back-end ViewModel validation returning validation errors to the client.
- Identity Server OpenId Connect authentication/authorization.
- Front-end with React.
- Front-end role-based authorization with authentication service, routing modules.
- Unit tests for internal service layer.
- Functional/integration tests for endpoints.